Skip to main content

Re: I can’t cope

haha aww that's cute that he sat next to you for the ear scratch! @Captain24 my friend got a dog a couple months ago and i call him my adopted son, i get why people love dogs so much now. i love my bunny but a dog's affection is next level!

@Captain24 not gone hun. That's actually impossible, so long as you have the neurological structures for it - and those haven't gone anywhere. I think for it to be 100% certain that you could actually never be able to experience joy again, you would legit need to physically destroy those parts of your brain. So uh, just to quell that potential ruminatey thought - no, it has not gone. It cannot go. You have within you already everything you need to be happy, healthy, and well. Some of the bits are just outta practice is all.

Have you spoken to your psych much about anhedonia?

Dogs are just awesome @rav3n. But my rabbit ‘Bob’ will always be in my heart. I was my first actual pet. Not a family pet. 

I haven’t spoken to her about it. @Jynx. My last appointments and todays have been able settling back into life and dealing with crisis. 

So I just have to keep trying? Keep doing things to try and unlock it? Sorry. I need some help with it. Maybe I might be able to pick up a little. 

aww yep first pets will always be special, Bob is cute hehe... i'm imagining him with some scruffy hair at the top of his head like this:

rav3n_0-1727775592891.jpeg

am i completely off? 😆 @Captain24 

Nah. He was albino but had grey ears and was smooth coat. @rav3n. I can’t find a photo. I lost him well over 15 years ago. Have you got a photo? 

i googled what you described and i was way off haha @Captain24 here's my rabbit (he's a lil older than this pic now):

rav3n_0-1727777038419.jpeg

Aww.. he’s so cute! @rav3n. That’s the kind of rabbit that I wanted and I was going to call him Bugs! 

@Captain24 wrote:

I haven’t spoken to her about it. @Jynx. My last appointments and todays have been able settling back into life and dealing with crisis. 

So I just have to keep trying? Keep doing things to try and unlock it? Sorry. I need some help with it. Maybe I might be able to pick up a little. 

I mean maybe just for now, since it's not the focus with your psych (and I reckon focusing on settling in is legit the best focus rn too, cos having some home stability will make working on everything else that much easier, because you'll have a 'safe base' to return to), you can just have a little read and see if there's any tips from online sources that you could start to implement? Like from this site - Tips to beat Anhedonia; or you could look at this one - Understanding Anhedonia and Rediscovering Pleasure.

Hope those help!

** ignore this, double posted by accident!