Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Walking on eggshells about sums that Q2 up.

For me not seeking support and covering for irrational behaviours (bpd talking not my darling) led to major burnout for me. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Question 1: What are some of the experiences for people living with BPD?

yeah i suppose, i just don't look at myself like that 

but i must admit i am a caring wife, mum and definitely a loving grandmother

i do have lots of empathy towards others 

i think when i am angry at certain things i do get angry with me having BPD; maybe i haven't really accepted that i have BPD

@tyme 

Hi @PTG , welcome to the forums and thank you for joining us tonight 😊

I too, didn't understand or know what BPD was or looked like for many years. It's a shame that there isn't greater visibility or acceptance of this diagnosis. I'm wondering what finding out about BPD meant for you?

In all that time, I think I was bumbling along in the dark. Diagnosis was a light bulb moment. Now I can join groups like this. Next is a family connections course. And lots of learning. I'm seeing a therapist. Started talking about what's been happening with my kids.. come a long way from bumbling in the dark 

gee @Daisydreamer  where do i start!!

1. fits of anger
  2. mixture of emotions in seconds
  3. my emotions stay with me for days
  4. impulsivity in buying online
  5. thoughts of suicide
  6. self harm by stopping my meds (at times)
  7. sometimes not knowing my boundary
  8. seeking assistance or assurance
  9. needing reasurrance to not be abandoned

Hello @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore , @tyme 

I am a carer of my husband who has MI 

But I am here to helps other and learn more 

@cloudcore what have I done to care for myself.... not a lot, there in lies much of the problem). 

I returned to study as a means of giving me something to to in the absence of full time work. Got good grades but retained very little by the end.

Had a mid life crisis a couple years ago and got a motocycle lol. 

Now Darling and I cycle together. 

90+ km planned for tomorrow 😎 

Hi, first time posting on a forum so please bear with me.

I am a family member who is assisting a young mum who is receiving treatment for BPD. It is so difficult to watch the young child (17 months) get frustrated trying to have her needs met and seek interaction from her mum when her mum just doest seem to have a connection with her daughter.

The young mum is still dealing with the diagnosis and has ceased her medication  as her " lack of sex drive" seems .more important to her than caring for herself or daughter..

We have tried simple routines  modelling, support by way of supervision and guidance but feel like we are hitting a dead end. Any guidance or suggestions would be welcomed

It sounds like there are a few members here who really relate to the phrase that @tyme mentioned, "Walking on eggshells"

Seeking support as a carer is so important @Determined, as you mentioned burn out is all too common Heart Do you have support around you now to help you maintain your wellbeing while caring for your family?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance