Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Alittleorange
Contributor

Introducing a little orange

Hi, I am relatively stable at present. Have a history of epilepsy and schizophrenia but especially regarding the latter which seems to be approached like the exorcist in some circles was wondering if there were others in the forum with the same condition and whether or not you find it difficult joining or rejoining society due to this. If not, tips always welcome.

Thanks 

A little orange

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Introducing a little orange

Hi @Alittleorange, welcome to the forum.  I don't have any experience with schizophrenia, but I know there's a resource page for it here...

https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/facts-and-guides/schizophrenia

Not sure if that's any help to you or not.  I  know some members have mentioned dealing with it, hopefully they read your post and can offer some advice.  If anyone knows which members it was they could tag them in.

What the helldo you mean

Hi @Alittleorange 

Welcome to the forums.  Its great to have you here and good on you for reaching out.

I don't have experience with Schizophrenia personally, but like @MJG017  mentioned there are some great resources in the link they shared.  You can also try using the search bar at the top of the forums page and putting in some key words and seeing if there's anything that comes up that is helpful to you there.

Even though I don't have experience with Schizophrenia, I do know what its like to be treated differently because of a mental illness. Its taken me a long while to realise that people's reactions are more about themselves that you, and they don't realise the impact that this can have on you and your recovery.  Its important to be able to reestablish yourself in social circles and society, and when I found that this was becoming too much of an uphill battle for me (after a very long time of what felt like banging my head against a brick wall) I branched out and tried to make new social circles and establish myself in different areas than people who knew me "before".

I hope you find the support you need here on the forums

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

Thank you, it was very interesting

thanks for the comment
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance