Skip to main content

Re: Coin Collectors' Corner

Hi @tyme 

They will be releasing a tube of bluey coins through Australia Post in September. So you will probably need to go online as soon as it is released to get a set. 

Screenshot_20240807_212003_Facebook.jpg

Are you aware of the ballot system that most coin businesses use now, when a new coin is released?

When the Olympic $1 coins were released, everywhere I looked were sold out. But I managed to find some at the RRP from a baby shop. Who would of thought they would sell coins. The website for future reference is onebaby.com.au. 

Yes @Mustang67 ,

I put in a ballot for the Bluey coins 😞 Sad I missed them.

Anyway, feel free to remind me of when the tube comes out!

Content/trigger warning

I learned yesterday that when we discontinued using the 1 & 2 cent coins, they were returned to the mint and melted down, and they were then made into bronze medals for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. How's that for recycling. 

@tyme @Shaz51@Harmonium

Will do 😊

Hi @Shaz51 

That's awesome. I have no idea about pre-decimal currency, so not sure if it's would be worth anything.  But it is good for historical reasons. 

Hey @tyme I found some Bluey coins on ebay for you. Lol

Screenshot_20240807_214731_Edge.jpg

😆😁 @tyme 

I was only 2 in 1966 

My mum was the collector first of coins and then stamps 

@rav3n , @Mustang67 , @tyme 

Question-- wonder how many different designs of the $ 1 coins there are 🤔

Hi @Shaz51 

If you go on the RAM website (https://www.ramint.gov.au) and click on the menu icon and click Explore and then Circulating coins, and click on the $1 coin, a list of all $1 coins will come up showing their design and how many were minted.

@rav3n, @tyme

Oooh 1966 was the first year decimal coins came out and a great year to keep!

Oooh I saw this only yesterday. Finally the kids will have some Bluey coins to play with : ) I saw some fellow stole 60k worth of Bluey coins recently (off the back of a truck) and was scratching my head about that because they only made 30k sets. Turns out it was the new Bluey aka new release Sept. seems much like the Big Things collection including the Big Pineapple, Big Banana etc.